About Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enhances the security of your account by requiring multiple methods to verify your identity. These can include something you know (such as your username and password) plus something you have (a unique code generated from a smartphone app or sent to an individual email account) to approve your login. This can help prevent your account from being accessed by anyone other than yourself, even if they know your password.
Some participating sites and OneHealthPort applications require MFA. When you access a site that requires MFA, you will be prompted to complete one of the following:
- One Time Passcode (OTP): An email (associated with your OneHealthPort Single Sign-On account) will be sent to you with an OTP that you enter in the login screen to proceed.
- Google Authenticator: The Google Authenticator app is a free app you can download on your smartphone or tablet that will generate a unique 6-digit code that you enter in the login screen to proceed. Once configured, you can get unique 6-digit codes for verification without the need for a network or cellular connection.
MFA will not prompt you for your personal information like your address or SSN. It will only prompt you for a 6-digit code after you have logged in with your OneHealthPort Subscriber ID and password.
Please note that some sites and OneHealthPort applications only accept a Google Authenticator 6-digit code.
Resources and Training Guides
- The following are steps you can take in advance to ensure seamless access to OneHealthPort applications and participating sites requiring MFA:
- If you elect to use Google Authenticator, download the app in advance.
- Verify that your SSO email address is correct.
- Note that OneHealthPort does not allow shared accounts. If you are sharing a single OneHealthPort Subscriber ID and password, MFA will not work, and your access will be denied. Please contact OneHealthPort if you need assistance.
- Make sure your systems will accept emails from email@example.com.
- After you've verified your email or downloaded the app, click 'Verify My Connection' below to test your MFA connection.
Register for a free webinar to learn more about MFA and how to get started.
For more information about MFA, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For additional questions or concerns please contact the OneHealthPort help desk at 1.800.973.4797.